ZERO LIQUID DISCHARGE
- In present scenario, discharge of polluted water in nearby water bodies has become very critical as the environment norms has been strengthen.
- So the focus has been shifter to Zero liquid discharge and recycling of water.
- As far as high TDS and high COD effluent is concerned, the only method is to evaporate the water mostly by Single Effect Evaporator (SEE) OR by Multi Effect Evaporator (MEE).
- The drawback of these technologies is they are end up with lots of sludge and significant evaporation cost.
- The evaporation cost is too high that it impacts significantly on the profit margins of the Product.
- By integrating the Phycoremediation technology with MEE as a pretreatment of the system, this can reduce the operating cost of the MEE.
- The effluent load which goes into the MEE has been reduced by 50 -80%. So proportionately the operating cost has been reduced significantly.
- Phycoremediation is non MEE based evaporation method.